What to Expect at our In-Person Career Fairs (Exhibitor FAQ & Important Terms)
Our in-person career fairs are mobilized through myRecruitMilitary.
We are excited to have you with us at an upcoming in-person career fair. Please refer to this guide as often as needed to be prepared and informed before your event.
STEP 1: IDENTIFY CLIENT USER TYPES & ROLES
After registering for an event, you will receive a confirmation email right away. Shortly after, you'll receive a second email with an invitation to log in and create your event team in myRecruitMilitary. Here are the different roles:
- ORGANIZER: The Organizer is responsible for managing the representatives and events in myRecruitMilitary and is the client point-of-contact associated with the career fair purchase.
- ATTENDING REPRESENTATIVE: Attending Reps are the client representatives who are attending the career fair.
- SEARCH-ONLY REPRESENTATIVE: These are client representatives who do not attend the event but have search-only capabilities in myRecruitMilitary.
STEP 2: LEARN THE FUNCTIONS
Use myRecruitMilitary as your event manager:
- Find details for your career fair
- Check-in to the career fair
- Scan job seeker QR codes (linking to their professional profile) at the career fair
- Search professional profiles and resumes of all registered candidates after the career fair
- Rank and notate candidate profiles during and after the career fair
- Save and share notated profiles with your entire team after the career fair
Here are some functions within myRecruitMilitary to understand for a smooth event day:
- EVENT PASS: The event pass populates in myRecruitMilitary after the registered Attending Representative has completed their check-in process. At the event, Attending Reps will share the Event Pass screen with the job fair personnel to be permitted entry.
- CANDIDATE PROFESSIONAL PROFILES: When they register for the career fair, candidates create a professional profile, where they may also upload or create a resume within the system. At the career fair, candidates will share their profile and resume with you through their individual QR code, which can be accessed with the Candidate Profile Scanner.
- CANDIDATE PROFILE SCANNER: This function allows Attending Reps to scan the displayed QR codes of the candidates who visit your booth. As mentioned above, QR codes link back to individual candidate profiles, which can be saved into your event folder and later shared with your team.
STEP 3: READ THE FAQ BELOW
Q. How do I access myRecruitMilitary for the first time?
- Organizer: You will receive an email with login link from us soon after you've registration confirmation.
- Attending Reps & Search-Only Reps: You will receive an email with login link from us as the information is entered by the Organizer.
Q. Where can I find information like venue parking and booth location?
A. This information is emailed to the Attending Reps through pre-event communications. If no Attending Reps are added to the event in myRecruitMilitary, no venue information will be sent.
Q. What is the check-in process for the event?
A. The check-in process begins the morning of the event, when myRecruitMilitary sends the instructions via email to listed Attending Reps. This consists of a few questions can be done on a mobile device before arrival to the venue.
After completing the check-in process, the Event Pass will populate, allowing Attending Reps to enter the event and locate their booth upon arrival.
Q. How many Attending Representatives should we bring?
A. Most of our exhibitor packages include two (2) Attending Reps. Any organization that wishes to expand their footprint beyond that may purchase an additional booth or use an available credit.
Q. How can I search and save candidate profiles?
A. There are a few ways, depending on the user type, but all are through myRecruitMilitary:
- Organizer: After your organization's Attending Rep checks in at the event, Organizers will have search access to all registered candidate profiles for that event through myRecruitMilitary.
- Attending Rep: At the event, Attending Reps should scan the QR code of each job seeker to track those who visit your booth. To scan a job seeker’s QR code, use the “Launch Scanner” button from your myRecruitMilitary event page.
- Search-Only Rep: After your organization's Attending Rep checks-in at the event, myRecruitMilitary will unlock search user access for all registered candidate profiles.
Q. Is there a difference between the myRecruitMilitary platform and other RecruitMilitary systems?
A. Yes, at this time, myRecruitMilitary only manages in-person events. To manage your virtual events, you will use our partner platform, CareerEco. These two platforms do have separate credentials and are distinctly different from one another.
An additional system to keep in mind is for when you post jobs to the RecruitMilitary job board. (However, for clients with existing job feeds through RecruitMilitary, this third log-in is not necessary.)
Q. How do I know if I am in the right place to manage my events?
A. Here's an easy way to remember:
- In-Person Events: myRecruitMilitary
- Virtual Career Fair: CareerEco platform
(Still unsure? Check the URL. If you see "https://recruitmilitary.careereco.com/" in the bar, you're in CareerEco, which manages virtual events.)
Q. How can I increase visibility with job seekers before the event?
A. After registering for a job fair, you will have access to post jobs on the RecruitMilitary job board. Posting jobs early gives greater visibility to registered job seekers!
Q. Do you offer resources to help exhibitors prepare for the event?
A. Absolutely. It is our mission to help you prepare for a successful event. Use our Employers Career Fair Success Center to find information that will help you best prepare to meet and hire the amazing candidates at our events.