Welcome to the first steps in your job search. From completing your resume to executing a successful interview, we have the resources to help guide you to success. Every career path is unique, but every job seeker — no matter how experienced — can benefit from starting on the right foot.
- Building a profile that delivers
- Avoiding job posting scams
- Effective networking tips
- Your checklist to finding a civilian job
Register in our database
- Sign up to
- Get invitations to job fairs near you
- Get job alerts matching your experience
- Get our monthly email jobs newsletter, The VetTen
Attend our all-veteran job fairs
- See our
- Recruiters from employers, franchisers, schools
- Great venues - stadiums, arenas,...
The #1 way to find a new job is through networking. People you meet, connections you foster, professional contacts you’ve worked with, even family and friends… your circle of influence is already larger than you think. How do you make the most of that? The art of networking is a critical step in...
When you register as a job candidate on our website, you should use great care in filling out your registration profile—and then you should keep your profile current. The reason? Employers search our database of registered candidates for potential employees, and the first set of search results...
Leadership experience and knowing how to manage people are the name of the game.
Many veterans seeking jobs tell us that the process of initially getting their resume together and keeping it updated is one of their least favorite parts of a civilian job search. Nevertheless, it’s a necessary evil in the civilian world. According to Wendy Enelow and Louise Kursmark, founders...