Effective as of August 5, 2020
Last updated August 26, 2022
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
5. CONTROLLING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
7. DATA INTEGRITY AND SECURITY
10. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect Personally Identifiable Information from you through your use of the Site and Services. “Personally Identifiable Information” is individually identifiable information about an individual consumer that we collect online and that we maintain in an accessible form. We collect the following types of Personally Identifiable Information:
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
We may collect the following Personally Identifiable Information that you voluntarily provide to us:
- Register for an Account. To register for a RecruitMilitary account, you will provide us with your first name, last name, military branch, pay grade, military status, email address, password, and zip code.
- Build Your Job Seeker Profile. To build your job seeker profile, you will provide us with your first name, last name, email address, phone number, physical address, military background, security clearances, education background, skills and certifications, work experience, employment preferences (compensation, willingness to relocate, availability date), and your resume. You may also provide us with your disability status, race, and gender.
- Apply for a Job. To apply for a job, you will provide the employer through our Site with your first name, last name, email address, phone number, personal references, employment history, and resume.
- Register for a Career Fair. To register for a career fair, you may log in with LinkedIn, Facebook, or Google, or provide us with your login information, including your email address and password. If you are an individual or employer without an account, you can create an account by providing us with your email address, first name, last name, country, and password. If you are an academic institution, you can create an account by providing us with your email address, school name, first name, last name, department, time zone, and password. Once you are registered for the career fair, you may provide us with additional information such as your military background and what job categories you are interested in.
- Subscribe to Search & Employ Magazine. To subscribe to our Search & Employ magazine, you will provide us with your first name, last name, email address, and military background.
- Download our Whitepaper. To download our whitepapers, you will provide us with your first name, last name, and email address.
- Product Purchases. To purchase products on our Site, including but not limited to, advertisement space in our Search & Employ magazine, database search access, job postings, targeted emails, website advertising space, job fair exhibition packages, a microsite display ad, and advertisement space in our VetTen digital newsletter, you will provide us with your email address, first name, last name, company name, physical address, phone number, and credit card information.
- Post a Job. If you are an employer, you may create a job positing on our Site, by providing the job title, a description, city/state/zip code, salary range, and contact information including a contact name and email address.
- Send Messages to Job Applicants. If you are an employer, you may message job applicants on our Site, by providing your email address and the message.
- Forward Profile. If you are an employer, you may forward a job applicant’s profile to another individual or yourself, by providing an email address and message.
- Chatbot. When you chat with our bot on the Site, you may provide us with whether you are an employer or a job-seeker, and what information you are seeking from the Site. You may also provide us with feedback about whether you would recommend the Site to other individuals.
- Contact Us. To contact us, you will provide us with your first name, last name, email address, state, and zip code.
INFORMATION AS YOU NAVIGATE OUR SITE
Like most websites, we automatically collect and log information about your computer and navigation patterns, including your IP address, browser type, operating system, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, the specific web pages that you visited during your connection to our Site, and time/date information about your visit. We may use this information, in aggregate form, for system maintenance or to gain a better understanding of how our website is used. We share this information, in aggregate form, with third parties for research, job placement, or marketing purposes.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to provide the Services to you, to improve our Services and Site, and to protect our legal rights. In addition, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information to respond to an email or other inquiry or request, to customize your experience using our Site, or to provide you with the Search & Employ magazine. We may send you updates, electronic newsletters, text messages, or email notices about RecruitMilitary or the Services and products we offer, which we believe may be of some interest to you. We may also use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to process your account registration, process and fulfill your purchase orders, and provide your job seeker profile to employers.
In any email or text messages that you may receive, you will find an opt-out option you may utilize to stop receiving future messages by category type or all message types.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Subject to the restrictions described in the “Resumes” section below, we may share this information with client companies that utilize our Services to place or hire job seekers into specific positions. Additionally, our parent company, Bradley-Morris, LLC, is a job placement firm placing military veterans into positions with companies. Bradley-Morris recruiters may contact you through their search activities on the RecruitMilitary website. If your profile indicates that you may have an interest in franchising, entrepreneurial, or educational activities, we may also share this information with client and affiliate companies who utilize our services for assisting job seekers with such activities. We may also provide this information to companies that assist us in the provision of our Services, including helping us fulfill your request for information or placement in a job position. Finally, we may share this information with select third party organizations like the Disabled American Veterans organization that may contact you directly with special and promotional offers for their goods or services.
If RecruitMilitary goes through a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition, or asset sale, your Personally Identifiable Information will likely be among the assets transferred. We will notify you via prominent notice on our website of any such change of ownership or control of your personally identifiable information.
We also reserve the right to disclose Personally Identifiable Information if: (1) the disclosure is necessary or useful to our provision of Services; (2) we believe in good faith the disclosure is required by law (such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order); (3) we believe in good faith the disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, interests, or property; or (4) we are acting in good faith to protect an individual’s personal safety.
RESUMES AND PROFILES
If you submit your resume and profile information to the RecruitMilitary online job board database, it will be viewable by potential employers and recruiting firms, and all employers and recruiters who have access to our resume database will have access to your resume. We use our best efforts to grant access to this database only to employers, educational institutions, franchisors, recruiters, hiring managers, headhunters, and human resource professionals, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not, without our consent, gain access to this database. You may remove your information from our searchable database at any time; however, parties who have access to the database may have retained a copy of your information, including your resume and profile information, in their own files or databases. We are not responsible for the retention, use, or privacy of resumes in these instances, or for the use or privacy of your information by any of such parties while resumes are in the database. Please be aware that the Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs regulation at 41 CFR Part 60-1 (Obligation to Solicit Race and Gender Data for Agency Enforcement Purposes, also known as “Internet Applicant” rule), requires RecruitMilitary to maintain your records for a minimum period of two years from the time of your last activity.
HOW YOU CAN OPT-OUT OF COOKIES
If you do not wish to share this information, please refer to the “Help” category on your browser’s toolbar for information on how to customize or disable cookies. Please be aware that you may lose some functionality on RecruitMilitary.com if you disable cookies in your browser.
We may also deploy a code from an employer for a conversion tracker that tracks whenever a job seeker has applied to a job on that employer’s website. This conversion tracker will attribute an application to RecruitMilitary any time the job seeker started their search on RecruitMilitary. RecruitMilitary does not have access to the cookies in the employer’s domain.
You can opt out of Cookies set by specific entities by following the instructions found at these links:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
- Microsoft: https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/ad-settings/
ADVERTISING INDUSTRY RESOURCES
You can understand which entities have currently enabled Cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those Cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative’s website or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Mobile Choices website.
Please note that these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised. Therefore, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
3. THIRD PARTY PROCESSORS
To ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate procedures with the service providers we share it with to ensure that it is treated consistent with applicable data security and privacy laws. For example, we use Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Sharepoint, and Azure for cloud data storage, Stripe/Shopify, PayPal, and Authorize.net as payment processors, BlueToad for its digital publishing platform, Pardot for its marketing automation software platform, Drift for its marketing platform, Hotjar for its behavior analytics, Talroo for its data driven talent platform, and Optimonk for its e-commerce platform.
4. “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Site does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
5. CONTROLLING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
If you wish to change or correct your personal information or opt-out of notices or updates sent by RecruitMilitary, you may log into your account and edit your profile information or change your settings.
To unsubscribe from our marketing emails, please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of our emails. You may also submit a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. LINKED SITES
7. DATA INTEGRITY AND SECURITY
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
RecruitMilitary is designed to attract job seekers that are veterans or military spouses and is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect or store any personal information, even in aggregate, about children under the age of 13. If we discover we have received any information from a child under the age of 13 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe that RecruitMilitary has any information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
Nevada law allows Nevada residents to opt-out of the sale of certain types of personal information. Subject to several exceptions, Nevada law defines “sale” to mean the exchange of certain types of personal information for monetary consideration to a person for the person to license or sell the information to additional persons. We do not currently sell personal information as defined in the Nevada law. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you still may submit a verified request to opt-out of sales and we will record your instructions and incorporate them in the future if our policy changes. Opt-out requests may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-226-0841.
10. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The CCPA defines “personal information” to mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available, deidentified or aggregated information. For purposes of this “Notice to California Residents” section we will refer to this information as “Personal Information.”
The CCPA contains an exception that is relevant to us. Some of the CCPA’s privacy rights explained below do not apply to personal information collected in a business-to-business context. That is information reflecting a written or verbal communication or a transaction between us and a consumer, where the consumer is acting as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of another entity and when the communication or transaction occur solely within the context of us conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service to or from such entity.
RIGHT TO KNOW ABOUT PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED, DISCLOSED, OR SOLD
If you are a California resident, you may request that we disclose to you the following Personal Information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- Categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- Categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information.
- Categories of Personal Information that we sold (if applicable) or disclosed for a business purpose about you;
- Categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold (if applicable) or disclosed for a business purpose.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, or if applicable, selling Personal Information about you.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Identifiers (name, postal address, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address)
- Unique personal identifiers (device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology)
- Telephone number
- Credit and debit card number
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (information regarding consumer’s interaction with Site)
- Geolocation data
- Commercial information (products or services purchased)
- Education information
- Professional or employment-related information (including employment history)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (race, gender, disability)
In addition to the purposes stated above in the section “Collecting and Using Information” we currently collect and have collected and sold the above categories of Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Short-term, transient use, provided that the personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about a consumer or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction
- Performing services on behalf of the business or service provider, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business
- Advancing a person’s commercial or economic interests, such as by inducing another person to buy, join, subscribe to, provide, or exchange products, information, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction
DISCLOSURE OR SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
|Category of Personal Information||Category of Service Providers||Category of Third Parties|
|Name, postal address, email address, phone number, professional and employment related information, education information||Employers
Veteran service organizations
Educational institutions Name, email address||Veteran service organizations
|Internet protocol address, Unique personal identifiers (device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology; customer number), Internet or other electronic network activity information (information regarding consumer’s interaction with Site), geolocation data||Data analytics providers
Internet service providers
|Name, email address, postal address, phone number, professional and employment related information, education information, commercial information||Cloud storage||Employers
Veteran service organizations
|Name, postal address, credit and debit card numbers||Payment processors|
|Unique personal identifiers (device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology; customer number), Internet or other electronic network activity information (information regarding consumer’s interaction with Site)||Operating systems and platforms||Social networks|
We do not knowingly collect or sell the Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age.
RIGHT TO REQUEST DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONIf you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information about you that we have collected. However, per the CCPA, we are not required to comply with a request to delete if it is necessary for us to maintain the Personal Information in order to, for example, complete a transaction, detect security incidents, comply with a legal obligation, or otherwise use the Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
HOW TO SUBMIT A REQUEST TO KNOW OR DELETE
If you are a California resident, you may make a request to know or delete Personal Information we collected from you, by contacting us at: - email@example.com - Phone: 1.800.226.0841
VERIFICATION OF REQUEST
We will comply with your request upon verification of your identity and, to the extent applicable, the identity of the California on whose behalf you are making such request. We will authenticate your identity through email or by telephone. If you are not a RecruitMilitary customer or job seeker, we will verify your identity by associating the information you provide us to any Personal Information that we have collected or otherwise using our partners for such purposes.
If you are an authorized agent, send us proof that the consumer gave you written permission to submit the request and we will verify your identity as provided above. We may also require the consumer to verify their own identity with us and/or directly confirm with us that they have given you permission to submit the request.
We will verify your identity either to a “reasonable degree of certainty” or a “reasonably high degree of certainty” depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the risk of harm to you by unauthorized disclosure or deletion as applicable.
For requests to access categories of Personal Information and for requests to delete Personal Information that is not sensitive and does not pose a risk of harm by unauthorized deletion, we will verify your identity to a “reasonable degree of certainty” by verifying at least two data points that you previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities.
For requests to access specific pieces of Personal Information or for requests to delete Personal Information that is sensitive and poses a risk of harm by unauthorized deletion, we will verify your identity to a “reasonably high degree of certainty” by verifying at least three pieces of Personal Information previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities. In addition, you will be required to submit a signed declaration under penalty of perjury stating that you are the individual whose Personal Information is being requested.
RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a California resident, you have the right to direct us to stop selling your Personal Information.
The CCPA defines “sell” to mean selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a California resident’s Personal Information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
You may submit a request by calling us at 1-800-226-0841 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RIGHT TO NON-DISCRIMINATION FOR THE EXERCISE OF A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT’S PRIVACY RIGHTS
We will not discriminate against California residents if they exercise any of the rights provided in the CCPA as described in this section “Notice to California Residents.”
SHINE THE LIGHT LAW
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes (as those terms are defined in that statute). To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Shine the Light Request” or write us at 1545 Crossways Blvd, Suite 200, Chesapeake, VA 23320.
12. SMS TERMS OF SERVICE
Use of our text message-based services is subject to the following. The wireless carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Please note: Message & data rates may apply.
Help To obtain help you may:
- Reply HELP to obtain help on your mobile phone.
- Email us at: SMSsupport@recruitmilitary.com.
- Call us at: 1-800-226-0841, Monday-Friday 9am - 5 pm ET.
Terminating the Service: You may terminate any of the services or subscriptions at any time by texting STOP.
Frequency of Messaging: Text alerts are delivered in 1 message/inquiry.
13. PHOTOGRAPHY CONSENT
By attending a RecruitMilitary and or affiliated RecruitMilitary event you consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded without any compensation. Your entry constitutes your consent to such photography, filming and/or recording and to any use, in any and all media throughout the universe in perpetuity, of your appearance, likeness, voice and name for any purpose whatsoever in connection with any RecruitMilitary and or affiliated RecruitMilitary event. You understand that all photography, filming and/or recording will be done in reliance on this consent given by you entering the RecruitMilitary event.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: 800.226.0841