The Surveys Say: Our Career Fairs Work
We have the results of post-event surveys for the 65 Veteran Opportunity Expos that we produced from January through August 2015, and the numbers are great. After each event, we email two surveys – one to exhibitors and the other to the job candidates who attended.
Exhibitors at our events include corporate employers, law-enforcement agencies and other government employers, franchisors, and educational institutions. Candidates include men and women who are transitioning from active duty to civilian life, veterans who already have civilian work experience, members of the National Guard and reserves, and military spouses and other family members.
- There were 3,385 exhibitors at the 65 events, an average of 52.1 per event.
- The exhibitors included 2,899 employers. The average of 44.6 employers per event is an all-time record.
- There were 21,788 candidates at the events, an average of 6.4 per exhibitor, 7.5 per employer, and 335.2 per event.
- The employers expected to conduct from 15,185 to 25,165 interviews as a result of exhibiting, an average of 5.2 to 8.7 per employer and 233.6to 387.2 per event.
- 59.2% of the candidates who responded said that they expected to secure interviews as a result of their attendance.
- The employers expected to extend 8,056 job offers, an average of 2.8 per employer and an all-time record of 123.9 per event.
Other exhibitor results, in terms of “percent favorable”:
- overall event experience 95.7%, an all-time record
- return on investment 95.3%
- likelihood of participating in a future event 92.6%, an all-time record
- quality of candidates 92.7%
- number of candidates 91.7%
- pre-event communications 97.5%
- on-site support 97.1%
Testimonials of Exhibitors at Recent Events
CLEVELAND / SEPTEMBER 3
- We had great leads throughout the day.
- Good location and good attendance. The RecruitMilitary events are always well organized and executed.
SAN ANTONIO / SEPTEMBER 3
- It is very organized, and the quality of exhibitors and candidates is tops.
- Well prepared and professional.
BOSTON / SEPTEMBER 2
- We have hired a manager and will likely hire another candidate we met at this event. This is a great return on our investment. Another branch of our company has made four job offers.
- We got info from 20+ candidates, talked to double+ that amount, already interviewed six candidates who likely will come to work for us.
- From an employer standpoint, it is refreshing knowing that you can find quality, professional, and diverse individuals with backgrounds in the armed forces.
DALLAS / AUGUST 27
- This was the first military-based job fair I have attended, and it was a great experience. A lot of the candidates were well informed and knew how to present themselves really well.
- What is great about this event is you actually meet veterans that have work experience outside of the military, which helps when you are looking to staff non-entry level roles.
BIRMINGHAM / AUGUST 27
- Much better candidates, much higher volume than other events.
- The feel of the event was totally different than any other I have attended. I look forward to attending more.
DENVER / AUGUST 27
- The communication, website, etc., is very professional. My contact, Beth Fjelstul, was amazing and answered my millions of questions with great care and patience.
- This event is huge and well organized – a great way to get your company brand out there to many people.
RICHMOND / AUGUST 20
- I like the location. In doing a job fair, location is the key.
- Great event and a great way to employ our veterans.
LOUISVILLE / AUGUST 20
- Sterling event! This exceeded my expectations! Other companies have been horrible by contrast.
- Tremendous support from the RecruitMilitary staff and very good candidates.
NEW ORLEANS / AUGUST 13
- Great communications, support, and marketing to get us the right candidates.
- Perfect opportunity to find more qualified personnel.
TAMPA / AUGUST 13
- I wish it could happen more often!
- Easy process, nice setup, good candidates for our job opportunities.
SAN DIEGO / AUGUST 6
- Well put together. RecruitMilitary is a great organization and promotes well. A very recognized name in the industry and with veterans.
- Great job fair with candidates with well sought after skill sets.
RALEIGH / AUGUST 6
- Adam O’Toole, the event director, was great. He brought over a few candidates that were a perfect fit for our company and we’re very thankful.
- Always a pleasure working with RecruitMilitary staff. True subject matter experts.
COLUMBUS / JULY 30
- Very professional. Best run event I have seen all year.
- RecruitMilitary understands how to prep the veteran and potential employers for job placement.
PHILADELPHIA / JULY 23
- We have scheduled interviews with two candidates so far and I’m optimistic that we will hire at least one of them.
- This was my third time at a RecruitMilitary career fair. Always successful.
SACRAMENTO / JULY 23
- This was one of the strongest job fairs that I’ve attended in the past 15 months.
- Outstanding turnout with quality participants!
ST. LOUIS / JULY 16
- Good conversations. Steady flow and high caliber of candidates.
- Venue and facilitator were excellent.
PORTLAND / JULY 16
- Far higher caliber of candidates than at other events.
- Venue was a great choice and everything went perfect. Event Director Doug Turner is the man!
HARTFORD / JULY 9
- Your organization has succeeded in creating a solid new customer.
- I have already given your information to four other employers. You are quality all the way.
NEW! A LOGO FOR EXHIBITORS
Attention, all organizations that have exhibited at one or more of our DAV/RecruitMilitary Veteran Job Fairs! We have designed a new logo that you can use to tell candidates – and the world – about your commitment to hiring America’s highest-quality talent, its veterans. You are entitled to display the logo in your print and digital media – on your website and in your advertisements, social media, and other marketing materials. The logo is available in a variety of formats. Contact your RecruitMilitary account executive now for downloading instructions.
By MARY BETH MILLER on Tuesday November 3, 2015