Career Fair Tips to Make Your Presence Known
RecruitMilitary Veteran Career Fairs offer the most efficient and successful way for pairing veteran talent with numerous employers, franchisors, and educational institutions under one roof. Our events are hosted in unique, attractive venues such as major sports stadiums that attract veteran job seekers. We also provide maximum coverage and brand awareness. On average, three media stations attend each of our events to spread the word that we’re in town.
One of the best ways to make your presence known as a RecruitMilitary event exhibitor is to help set the stage on social media:
• Three weeks out: Post event information on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
• Two weeks out: List event information on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook with links to specific job openings.
• One week out: Share RecruitMilitary social media postings about the upcoming event.
Here are some suggested posts:
• Looking for your next career? We’re hiring! Join us at the DAV RecruitMilitary Veterans Job Fair at (venue) on (m/d/y) from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
• Transitioning from the military? We want to hire you. (Company) will be at the DAV RecruitMilitary Veteran Career Fair in (venue) on (m/d/y) from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
• Veterans and military spouses, we’re hiring! Join us this Thursday at (venue) in (city) from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at the DAV RecruitMilitary Veterans Job Fair.
We tweet photos and updates of veterans and organizations making connections in real time during our events (@RecruitMilitary). We love adding tweets from our exhibitors to bring additional exposure their way. Use the hashtag #recruitmilitary. Simple observations are best:
• Networking with lots of great veterans in (city) today. #recruitmilitary
• Very busy booth today – meeting great veteran talent in (city). #recruitmilitary
• Recruiting for stellar veteran salespeople in (city) today. #recruitmilitary
Have a Game Plan
Since you’re coming to hire veterans, having a game plan for your time at the event will maximize your success. Here is some feedback from veteran candidates regarding what they’d like to see from exhibitors:
• Send representatives who are familiar with and knowledgeable about the company’s open positions.
• Representatives should be outgoing, enthusiastic, engage with job seekers, and able to work the crowd.
• Accept resumes if you can. Go beyond just saying “apply online” – after all, job seekers can do that from home.
• If possible, have a short interview prepared for potential candidates. Veterans love the opportunity to interview on-the-spot.
• Don’t leave the event early! We discourage our veterans from leaving an event early, often leading them to take another lap around the venue. We’ve had clients make hires at the very end of the day. You may miss your ideal candidate!
Touting your presence, both ahead of time and during one of our hiring events, will help you stand out against the competition and maximize traffic to your booth and website. And going into the event with a solid game plan will help you have a satisfying career fair experience that leads to hiring veterans.